Custom Search

Friday, April 16, 2010

Victim

Innocent as a Victim
Today, I have a few hours to spend in front of a television set. I randomly switch channels through the cable news while I was watching several cable personalities; I realized some of their behaviors. They talk over each other, they shout to drown one another. It did not make any sense to me. First, it looks like it is a competition between who the loud talker is. Second, they speak with no responsibility of facts or what they say do not have any informational value to listeners. However, the more they shout with no foundation the more they attract viewers to watch their show bringing more money to their owners.
I asked myself why these types of shows are successful. The correct answer might be lack of critical thinking. On the other hand, there is a possibility that at any given time, it is possible substantial number of people that did not get out of the innocent developmental stage. On the other hand, they enjoy negative outcomes because of loss of faith and hopelessness. The solution for most people who are lost and stay lost in the innocent developmental stage is to find groups or people with similar interest. The interest is usually surrounded by emotional and destructive behavior. There is no surprise why these kinds of shows are successful.

No comments: